Friday, June 10, 2011

Operation: School's Out Ambush

I've seen some ideas around the blog world about how parents surprise their children on the last day of school with a water balloon fight.  Total fun.  With the help of my neighbor, we totally pulled off our very own 'Welcome to Summer' party.

On the morning of the last day of school, I made 3 posters.  I wrote "School is Done," "Let's have some fun" and "Welcome to Summer" and taped them up on the fences and door.  Then I went to work on filling lots and lots of water balloons.  We poked around in our outdoor toy bin and found our water blasters so we could totally drench them.  My neighbor set up a Slip-N-Slide in his front yard and I set up this water sprinkler hose dealie. Also, I threw in the oven some hot dogs to keep them warm, put some chips in a bowl, and mixed together cherry lemonade with some sparkling mineral water so the kids could have an easy lunch after all the running around.


The arsenal

My neighbor and I plus Ryan hid behind our fences and when the kids came home we totally soaked those kids to the bone with a huge water balloon bombing!  Alas, I don't have any photos of the drenching as I didn't want to totally drench my camera too in the process.  The kids didn't even bother to change into their bathing suits and ran right over to the Slip-N-Slide and sprinklers in their school clothes! We had such a good time and I overheard them saying later, "I wish we could replay it!"  There's always next year.

My co-conspirator

Drenched and lovin' it!

At the end of it all, Ashleigh ran through the banner declaring "Welcome to Summer!"




Featured at Make and Takes

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...